TERMGRAPH - Computing with Terms and Graphs
The advantage of computing with graphs rather than terms is that
common subexpressions can be shared, improving the efficiency of
computations in space and time. Sharing is ubiquitous in
implementations of programming languages: many functional, logic,
object-oriented and concurrent calculi are implemented using term
graphs. Research in term and graph rewriting ranges from theoretical
questions to practical implementation issues. Different research areas
include: the modelling of first- and higher-order term rewriting by
(acyclic or cyclic) graph rewriting, the use of graphical frameworks
such as interaction nets and sharing graphs (optimal reduction),
rewrite calculi for the semantics and analysis of functional programs,
graph reduction implementations of programming languages, graphical
calculi modelling concurrent and mobile computations, object-oriented
systems, graphs as a model of biological or chemical abstract
machines, and automated reasoning and symbolic computation systems
working on shared structures.
The aim of this series of workshops is to bring together researchers
working in these different domains and to foster their interaction, to
provide a forum for presenting new ideas and work in progress, and to
enable newcomers to learn about current activities in term graph
The next event will be TERMGRAPH 2013. 7th International Workshop on Computing with Terms and Graphs. Rome, Italy, March 23th, 2013. Part of ETAPS 2013.
- TERMGRAPH 2011, 6th International Workshop on Computing with Terms and Graphs. Saarbrücken, Germany, April 2nd, 2011.
- TERMGRAPH 2009, Fifth International Workshop on Computing with Terms and Graphs, York, UK - 22 March 2009.
- TERMGRAPH 2007, Fourth International Workshop on Computing with Terms and Graphs, Braga, Portugal - 31 March 2007.
- TERMGRAPH 2006, Third International Workshop on Term Graph Rewriting, Vienna, Austria - 1 April 2006.
- TERMGRAPH 2004, Second International Workshop on Term Graph Rewriting, Rome, Italy - 2 October, 2004.
- TERMGRAPH 2002,
First International Workshop on Term Graph Rewriting, Barcelona, Spain - 7 October 2002.
TERMGRAPH 2011: EPTCS 48
TERMGRAPH 2009: ENTCS, Volume 253, Issue 4
TERMGRAPH 2007: ENTCS, Volume 203, Issue 1
TERMGRAPH 2006: ENTCS, Volume 176, Issue 1
ENTCS Volume 127, Issue 5
ENTCS Volume 72, Issue 1
Journal Special issues
- Detlef Plump. Term Graph Rewriting. In Handbook of Graph Grammars and Computing by Graph Transformation,
Volume 2: Applications, Languages and Tools, Chapter 1, pages 3-61, eds.
H. Ehrig, G. Engels, H.-J. Kreowski and G. Rozenberg. World Scientific,